1.Department name: Department of Haematology Laboratory.
Address: Department of Laboratory: 2nd floor, D building.
Collected sample room: No. 218, 2nd floor, C building
Vietduc University Hospital
Tel: 043.8253581, extension: 294 or 270.
3. Development history
Department of Haematology Laboratory in Vietduc University Hospital was established in 1954, formerly known as Department of experimental. Since 1963, the department has been separated from Department of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, and then Department of Hematology Laboratory has grown along with the development of the Hospital.
Today, Hematology Laboratory is located at the 2nd floor in the building of high technology in to Viet Duc hospital (D building). The major functions is providing testing services including diagnostic and research tests for all departments inside and outside the hospital.
4 . Functions and duties
- Patients receiving and collecting samples to serve the diagnosis and treatment by doctors from specialty clinics in Vietduc hospital.
- Perform routine testing all day (24/7), include:
- Blood cell counting
- Body fluid cell counting
- Blood group
- Routine coagulation test
- Molecular biology such as viral load testing for Hepatitis B and C, Cytomegalovirus (CMV), Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)-Chlamydia trachomatis
- Implement new and modern testing such as:
- Viral load testing for Hepatitis B and C, Cytomegalovirus (CMV), Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)-Chlamydia t
- Monitor, diagnose and treat thrombosis: D-Dimer, FDP, Anti-Xa
- Evaluating blood clot elasticity - ROTEM (Rotational thromboelastometry)
- Semen Analysis using automated system - CASA IVOS II.
- Scientific Research: Engaged in research projects, writing and reporting at conferences, scholarly journals of hematology and surgery.
- Training activities:
- Receiving and training for students from Hanoi Medical University.
- Traning for the other students under program of Training and Direction of Healthcare Activities Center.
- Training laboratory techniques used in liver transplantation surgery.
- Training for lower level health facilities through a variety of such as: 1816 plan, training for staffs from lower health facilities right in Vietduc hospital...
- Quality management activities:
- Performing routine Internal Quality Control (IQC), and participate into the international External Quality Assessment (EQA) programs: Randox UK’s programs, One world Accuracy – Australia’s programs.
- Current time, we are performing quality improvement projects according to international standardization for clinical laboratory ISO 15189.
- Working as a member in the network of hospital quality management, establishing steering committee to implement the hospital’s quality plan: “Innovating style and patient serving attitude towards patient satisfaction”.
5. Human resource organization
- Current leaders:
- Total staffs: 22 employees include: 02 Doctors (Master degree); 19 Technicians: 09 Bachelor, 01 Associate, 09 Intermediates; 01 Janitor.
- Head of Department: MD. Dr. Hang Tran Thi.
- Deputy Head: MD. Dr. Ngoc Anh Tran Thi.
- Chief Technician: BD. Ngoc Cao Thi Bich.
- Predecessor leaders:1963 – 1965: D Diep Ta Ngoc.
- 1965 – 1975: D Phiet Pham Hoang.
- 1975 – 1987: D Diep Ta Ngoc
- 1987 – 1998: D Oanh Ha Kim.
- 1998 – 2004: PhD – D Minh Do Quang.
- 2004 – 2015: PhD – D Nga Ho Thi Thien.
- 2015 – Now aday: MD – D Hang Tran Thi.
Perform professional activities
- Completed and achieved a lot of success in the tasks: patient reception, collecting testing samples, performing routine and emergency tests for a number of patients. The proportion of which more and more increasingly, about 15% every years.
- Updated and developed many modern and new techniques: HBV-DNA, HCV-RNA, CMV-DNA viral load on automated machines, ROTEM, ...
- Completed and achieved 3 star levels after performing the improvement quality project: “Strengthening Laboratory Management Towards Accreditation - SLMTA” financed by Ministry of Health and CDC - United States.
- Medical economic management: Using Standardized operating procedures in technical and management activities, designing optimal workflow which reduces manpower costs and contributes to increased revenue for the Hospital.
Training and Mentoring:
- Participated in the implementation of project 1816: supporting for lower level health facilities to get high effectiveness.
- Succeed in training laboratory techniques using in liver transplantation surgery for Saint Paul hospital.
- Engaged in scientific research, in which a lot of worthy topics with highly applicable were reported and published in the specialized conferences, such as:
- Surveyed the clinical testing and diagnosis of hepatitis B virus infection in Vietduc University Hospital.
- Assessed the status and results of the Circular 01/2013/TT-BYT in the laboratory departments of Vietduc University Hospital.
- Researched a case of disseminated intravascular coagulation in patients with liver transplantation in Vietduc University Hospital. Nationwide Hematology scientific meeting in 2016.
- Coagulopathy due to deficiency of coagulation factors dependent on vitamin K. Nationwide Hematology scientific meeting in 2016.
Titles, Awards Achieved
- Excellent labor collective of the years; Merit of the minister of the years; Merit from the Prime Minister in 2011.
- Excellence Award in competition of “Innovating style and patient serving attitude towards patient satisfaction” in Vietduc University Hospital in 2015.
7. Development Orientation
- Developing intensive technical tests, update the new laboratory techniques.
- Toward complete standardization of clinical laboratory under ISO 15189.
- Maintaining quality improvement projects services toward the customers satisfaction.
- Participating in scientific research, training, mentoring and other activities of hospital.